Boîte à Lunch comes to the Point!
Fun, interactive cooking workshops
WINTER 2021 workshops
The Boîte à Lunch program is back this winter! Workshops start the week of March 7th (for a period of ten weeks). We are offering in-person workshops at Share the Warmth for students in grades 4 and 5 of), École Charles-Lemoyne (Tuesdays), École Jeanne-LeBer (Wednesdays), and Saint-Gabriel Elementary school (Thursdays). To register, click here. Deadline to register: Sunday February 20th, 2022. Spaces are limited and registration does not guarantee your child a spot. We will contact you to confirm your registration. Eligible children who do not get a spot will be put on the priority list for the following session.
About the Boîte à Lunch cooking program
As of fall 2019, Share the Warmth, in affiliation with The Depot Community Food Centre, offers the Boîte à Lunch cooking workshops. Boîte à Lunch is a fun, hands-on after-school cooking program, which aims to get students involved in the preparation of healthy, delicious meals. These workshops teach children about nutrition, and healthy eating and lifestyle habits and aim to reinforce the food security of their families. Furthermore, the workshops strengthen participants’ confidence and build autonomy. Through Boîte à Lunch, the kitchen becomes a space to learn, share, build bridges and make friends!
Fun, educational cooking workshops for students in the three Point Saint-Charles elementary schools
- Two semesters (10 weeks each) of nutrition and cooking activities per school year for Grade 4 and 5 students.
- Preparation of a healthy recipe in a team environment, which includes understanding each step involved in the preparation of the recipe, the ingredients and tools needed to make the recipe and the execution of the recipe.
- One healthy meal per participant at each workshop.
- An opportunity to learn culinary techniques and best practices for kitchen health and safety.
- An opportunity for participants to discover new foods from around the world.
- Interactive activities that build healthy eating and nutrition knowledge.
- A recipe book filled with all the recipes prepared during the workshops to encourage participants to recreate these meals at home.
Boîte à Lunch workshop structure
- Two recipes per week, providing a healthy meal for each participant. Recipes get more elaborate as the semester progresses and are designed to expose participants to a variety of culinary techniques and ingredients. The meals prepared are affordable and easy to recreate at home.
- Each workshop includes an educational activity. These activities teach children culinary techniques and provide an opportunity to practise them, share nutrition knowledge and explore the current food security issues. Each workshop begins with the tasting of a “star ingredient.”
- The workshops are designed to empower youth and include several opportunities for participants to get actively involved. For example, a chart is used to enable participants to track their progress. Our recipes and activities were designed to highlight participants’ choice and autonomy.
To learn more
Please contact Melanie at (514) 933-5599 ext. 228 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org