Become a volunteer today!
Share the Warmth depends on volunteers to make its work possible. You can volunteer at the food bank, in the kitchen, at the Boutique, at the market or for special events. For more information contact Dalila at 514-933-5599 (ext. 223) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or consult our volunteer opportunities below.
Individual Volunteering Opportunities
- Sorting donated food items, preparing food boxes, stacking shelves, unloading the truck
- Welcoming and distributing food to members on food bank days (Mondays and Thursdays)
- Working at the cash
- Customer service
- Sorting donated clothing and small household items, pricing and stacking
- Preparation and market set up
- Sorting fruits and vegetables
- Helping customers and restocking shelves
Company Volunteering: Become a Partner for a Day!
One way for large companies to give back to their communities is by partnering with Share the Warmth for a day. Companies send us employees to help us with whatever needs to get done that day. Past Partners for a Day have helped us paint, pack boxes at the Food Bank or hand out school supplies.
Some of our Partners for a Day have been Bombardier Aerospace, McGill University, BDO, Canadian Grenadier Guards, Beurling Academy, DentsuBos, Jumpstreet, Yellow Pages, Telus and Concordia University.