Become a volunteer today!
Share the Warmth depends on volunteers to make its work possible. You can volunteer at the food bank, in the kitchen, at the Café-Boutique or with youth in our tutoring and music programs. For more information contact Dalila at 514-933-5599 (ext. 223) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or consult our volunteer opportunities below.
Individual Volunteering Opportunities
- Sorting donated food items, preparing food boxes, stacking shelves, unloading the truck
- Welcoming and distributing food to members on food bank days (Mondays and Thursdays)
- Working at the cash in the boutique
- Serving coffees, meals and more at the Café
- Customer service in the boutique
- Sorting donated clothing and small household items, pricing and stacking
- Tutoring for elementary school children (after school)
- Assistant music professors
Company Volunteering: Become a Partner for a Day!
One way for large companies to give back to their communities is by partnering with Share the Warmth for a day. Companies send us employees to help us with whatever needs to get done that day. Past Partners for a Day have helped us paint, pack boxes at the Food Bank or hand out school supplies.
Some of our Partners for a Day have been Bombardier Aerospace, McGill University, BDO, Canadian Grenadier Guards, Beurling Academy, DentsuBos, Jumpstreet, Yellow Pages, Telus and Concordia University.